- IsraPundit describes them as "Congressmen for Another 9/11" and that may not be far off.
"As reported by American Congress for Truth, H.R. 1401, the Rail and Public Transportation Security Act of 2007, passed the U.S. House of Representatives. This legislation immunizes citizens from being sued for reporting, in good faith, suspicious activities like six imams chanting to Allah in an airport, arranging themselves on a passenger airplane the way the 9/11 hijackers did, and then asking for seat belt extenders for possible use of weapons against the flight crew or other passengers. See below for the list of House members who, by voting against this legislation, were effectively voting in favor of another 9/11."
The congressmen listed here including plenty of New York congressmen, including some who have been reasonable about the War on Terror in the past. Their votes against this piece of legislation is simply madness. The majority of Democrats even those like Murtha, who have become fixtures of the anti-war movement voted for it. Yet Congressman Nadler (The Waddler), Elliot Engel, Steve Israel, Nita Lowey, Carolyn McCarthy, Carolyn Maloney and others voted bafflingly against it.
Some of these congressmen represent lower Manhattan. Others represent New York City. Few if any New Yorkers, except on the far left, would support their votes on this.
- Linda of Something and Half of Something has tagged me, with the Thinking Blogger award.
* Gates of Vienna always has important news and commentary, with a focus on what's going on in Europe, a place that's more likely to be the focal point of the next wave in the War on Terror, than the middle east.
* Linda's own blog, Something and Half of Something doesn't overdo commentary, but delivers biting content to the point.
* CosmicX brings in his own perspective of life from Israel and a balanced take on the world around him.
* IsraPundit delivers a lot of content and a wide survey of the news along with unique commentary.
* LemonLime Moon cuts through straight to the chase and can get to the point while I'm still writing the first page of the introduction.
- Reb Chaim HaQoton brings us a press release from Agudath Israel on the War.
"Since September 11, 2001, the United States has been involved in a war against forces of evil and terror. These forces pose a grave danger not only to the United States and its allies in the Western World, but also to our Jewish brethren in Israel and across the globe.America’s efforts in Iraq have been part of this larger battle. While, in retrospect, the planning and execution of some of these efforts may have been less than perfect, there have also been significant achievements. The bottom line, at this time, is that the stakes in Iraq remain high, and that there still remains much to be done.
Agudath Israel of America believes that President Bush is entitled to great deference in his ongoing efforts to stabilize the situation in Iraq. Such deference is appropriate both because of the constitutional authority that inheres in the President’s position as Commander in Chief, and also because of the moral authority the President has consistently displayed in leading the battle against international terror.
We feel compelled to express our views at this time because the Union for Reform Judaism, purporting to have arrived at its position through an application of “halachic norms” and “Jewish values,” has publicly proclaimed its opposition to the President’s policies in Iraq. This group is entitled to its own organizational position, but that position is neither a legitimate expression of halachic Judaism nor reflective of authentic Jewish values."
Finally Three videos of Homesh. This is a video tour of Homesh before the expulsion.
The second dealing with the Expulsion.
The third is the return to Homesh during Chanukah.
Mostly I blather about in nonsense as most can plainly see.ReplyDelete
My blog is marginal, but keeps me off the street.
It baffling that any congressman (let alone in NY) would be against this legislation. Most municipalities have "Good Samaritan Laws." I see this legislation as a version of that.
Ty for the videos of Homesh.
your blog is great lemon and don't you ever deny itReplyDelete
shavua tov k.a., liberalism is knee jerk and these congressmen don't represent the best interest of their constituents