- Iran has seized 15 British sailors who were patrolling and boarding ships entering Iraqi waters. Iran has done this before and this is yet inevitably another ploy to humiliate the already weakened British presence while weakening the patrols that might help prevent weapons from reaching Iran's Shiite terrorist allies in Iran.
Hostage taking is something the Iranians are quite experienced at and rather than becoming a cassis belli as it should be, it will give the iranians leverage to undermine the patrols further.
- Meanwhile a German court took yet another step toward Sharia when a judge quoted the Koran to argue that wife beating was legitimate in a Muslim marriage.
"The woman had filed for immediate divorce on the grounds that the husband, also of Moroccan origin, regularly beat her and threatened to kill her. The claims were backed up by a police report. But the female judge, who has not been named, made clear in a letter that the wife’s bid had little chance of approval because, according to her, Islamic law allowed a man to strike his wife."
While this has been swiftly condemned, that is only the tip of the iceberg because the reality is that a "different law" that treats people differently based on their "cultural norms" and accepting abuse, intolerance, anti-semitism, vandalism and hooliganism as acceptable from Muslims and yet unacceptable from non-Muslims.
- Ruth Matar of Women in Green writes on "Rape as Resistance."
Ruth Matar (Women in Green) Jerusalem
In today’s Jerusalem Post (March 22, 2007) there is a worrisome article by Yisrael Medad, entitled “Raping as ‘resistance’”. A gang of Arab youths have committed a series of rapes in the Galilee area. According to this gang, the rapes were perpetrated as a form of nationalist vengeance against IDF operations in Judea, Samaria and Gaza.
The innocent young Jewish girls are physically attacked and violently raped. Their sole “provocation” is being Jewish!
Humanitarian groups in Israel and abroad, which define themselves as Liberal or Left, have been rightfully vociferous in condemning rape used in the course of war, as in Bosnia, Rwanda, the Congo and Darfur.
Why the apparent silence when Jewish women are raped?
- Withdrawal from Gaza, a new documentary about the ethnic cleansing of the Jews of Gaza will be screened. Clips of footage are available here. The trailer can be seen here and they're well worth watching because the media has only provided us with short canned excerpts. (Via Boker Tov Boulder, Via Jewish Current Issues)
- KeliAta makes a good point, "Well, in Israel and to a leser extent the United States post September 11, there is another possibility for all of the fear and legitimate anger besides racism and PTSD--REALITY. Natural survival instincts. Israel does face daily kassams, kidnappings, and suicide bombings from Arabs, so the fear and anger they experience is realistic. Their fear could be an internal warning that something is wrong. Threat management expert Gavin deBecker believes our internal warning cues are important to our survival. He calls it the "gift of fear."
Most Americans are on guard following the murder of 3,000 people by Arab/Muslim terrorists that they, we, witnessed, either directly or on television. So are Americans racists when Imams behave suspiciously on an airplane? Or has the September 11 attacks and their emotional trauma instilled in us a survival instinct?"
Sultan Knish continues to undergo regular improvements and adjustments. On the top right you'll now find a spinning globe that covers the visitors to the blog geographically. You'll also see the beginnings of a marquee covering breaking headlines.
All the work of Lemon Lime Moon, whose talent for blog design and custom image creation has helped make this possible. For anyone looking to make a customized blog, avatars or any other images, her rates are reasonable and her talent unambiguous.
Ready Andy has reminded me that there is a lack of Amona videos up and that some of those I've linked to no longer work. Part of the upcoming site maintenance will be to overhaul and fix the Amona section which has been neglected.
(Note to:"YFeder", please verify your email subscription to the blog or let me know if you don't want it, so you can be removed from the list.)
Shabbat Shalom and enjoy your weekend
Post a Comment